Quality and Professional Affairs Committee Charter
SAMPLE COMMITTEE CHARTER:
QUALITY COMMITTEE/QUALITY AND PROFESSIONAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Overall Roles and Responsibilities
The Quality Committee assists the board in overseeing and ensuring the quality of clinical care, patient safety, and customer service provided throughout the organization. If the committee is also a Professional Affairs Committee, add the following: The committee also assists the board in maintaining a constructive relationship with the medical staff and approving and overseeing medical policies and professional staff appointments, reappointments, and clinical privileges.
The responsibilities of the Quality Committee/Quality and Professional Affairs Committee include:
• Reviewing and recommending a multi-year Strategic Quality Plan with longterm and annual improvement targets.
• Reviewing and recommending quality/safety-related policies and standards.
• Approving and monitoring a dashboard of key performance indicators compared to organizational goals and industry benchmarks. Report in summary fashion to the full board.
• Reviewing sentinel events and root cause analyses; if appropriate, recommend corrective action.
• Monitoring summary reports of hospital and medical staff quality and patient safety activities.
• Reviewing management’s corrective plans with regard to negative variances and serious errors.
• Overseeing compliance with quality- and safety-related accreditation standards.
• Making recommendations to the board on all matters related to the quality of care, patient safety, customer service, and organizational culture.